18 September 2009

The Error ''0x80070035 network path not found'' is one that i constantly received whilst trying to network my laptop with my friend laptop. I SOLVED IT EASILY THOUGH

Before i proceed; note the following points:
1. I am running Vista
2. I have connected friend laptop using adhoc network
3. The laptops are already connected wirelessly and can access the internet etc
4. I have set up the my laptop as my host pc which stores all the info i want to access
The observations where as follows:
1. The host pc is picked up on the laptop
2. When selected it produced the following error: 0x80070035 network path not found
3. I tried various options such as ticking the TCP/IP and enabling all the possible options available under network connections properties.
4. This still produced the error although the host computer is pinged
The solution was simple:
I was running Kaspersky Internet Security 2009
Under firewall settings; disable personal firewall.
Once this is done, access is allowed to the host pc.
You can then set your permissions, create network paths and map network drives like you would normally do.

virus